- 1 What is near Bowling Green KY?
- 2 What is there to do in Bowling Green KY at night?
- 3 Is it expensive to live in Bowling Green KY?
- 4 Whats it like to live in Bowling Green KY?
- 5 Is Bowling Green Ky safe?
- 6 Why is it called Bowling Green Kentucky?
- 7 Is Shanty Hollow Open?
- 8 Does Bowling Green Ky get snow?
- 9 Is Bowling Green a nice town?
- 10 Is Bowling Green KY a small town?
What is near Bowling Green KY?
12 Top-Rated Things to Do in Bowling Green, Kentucky
- National Corvette Museum. National Corvette Museum Alberto Cabello / photo modified.
- Western Kentucky University.
- Lost River Cave.
- Beech Bend Park.
- Historic Railpark and Train Museum.
- Fountain Square Park Editor’s Pick.
- Mammoth Cave National Park.
- Bowling Green Hot Rods.
What is there to do in Bowling Green KY at night?
Best things to do at night in Bowling Green, KY
- Regal Bowling Green. 3.3 mi. Cinema. 323 Great Escape Dr, Bowling Green, KY 42101.
- Cave Valley Winery. 20.8 mi. $$$ Wineries.
- Dinosaur World. 26.5 mi. 92 reviews.
- MB Roland Distillery. 57.1 mi. 84 reviews.
- National Corvette Museum. 3.2 mi. 164 reviews.
Is it expensive to live in Bowling Green KY?
Bowling Green, Kentucky’s cost of living is 8% lower than the national average. The cost of living in any area can vary based on factors such as your career, its average salary and the real estate market of that area.
Whats it like to live in Bowling Green KY?
Bowling Green is in Warren County and is one of the best places to live in Kentucky. Living in Bowling Green offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents rent their homes. In Bowling Green there are a lot of parks. Many young professionals live in Bowling Green and residents tend to lean conservative.
Is Bowling Green Ky safe?
With a crime rate of 51 per one thousand residents, Bowling Green has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 20.
Why is it called Bowling Green Kentucky?
At the first county commissioners meeting in early 1798, the pioneers decided that the new town would be “called and known by the name of Bolin Green.” This name was after the Bowling Green Square in New York City, where patriots had pulled down a statue of King George III and used the lead to make bullets during the
Is Shanty Hollow Open?
Shanty Hollow Lake and its surrounding trails remains open for safe, socially-distanced recreation for small groups of up to 10. This 114-acre lake in Warren County is a great escape to nature just north of the city past the Richardsville community.
Does Bowling Green Ky get snow?
Bowling Green, Kentucky gets 50 inches of rain, on average, per year. The US average is 38 inches of rain per year. Bowling Green averages 6 inches of snow per year. The US average is 28 inches of snow per year.
Is Bowling Green a nice town?
Livability has named Bowling Green one of the best places to live in the United States. BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (WBKO) – Livability selected Bowling Green as one of the Top 100 Places to Live in the United States. In addition to diversity and walkability, Bowling Green has much to offer its residents.
Is Bowling Green KY a small town?
Bowling Green, located along I-65 20 miles north of the Tennessee border, has a diverse economic and cultural base. Best known as the city where the Chevrolet Corvette is built, this pleasant, small town is also home to the 15,000 students of Western Kentucky University.